Apartment property development
Gross Development Value of the Scheme
Nestled on the River Tyne, the development comprising 269 stunning apartments boasts the benefit of having the famous Newcastle quayside on its doorstep, as well as the growing culture, nightlife and vibrancy of Gateshead. The location is further enhanced by the upcoming arena complex and leisure hub on the Gateshead side of the water.
Steeped in history, Brett Wharf has been sympathetically designed and pays homage to the rich industrial past of the site and its influence throughout the North East. The evolution of the design has been inspired by historical reflection of the adjacent High Level Bridge which is not only Grade I listed but is also regarded as one of the most notable historical engineering works in the city.
The plans for the development are influenced by the region’s history which is reflected in the materials used and the style of building. The use of an external brick façade and large bright windows acknowledge the site’s rich industrial past.
The development features vibrant commercial spaces, flexible offices, coffee shops and restaurants. The ground floor also benefits from a mezzanine space which adds even more value to the commercial offering to both the residents and the public, creating the ideal destination for spending time with colleagues, friends and loved-ones.
Convenience is key at this professionally managed waterfront setting with a host of amenities and day-to-day necessities for modern living. A resident’s gym, lounge and other communal areas helps to create a world-class environment for the Brett Wharf community.
- The development will comprise up to 269 apartments
- The site will have two buildings, containing apartments, office, gym, commercial and communal space.
- Block A is 5-10 storeys, and Block B is 6-8 storeys
- The ground floor of Block A will accommodate office space, restaurant/café and leisure space
- Block B will also accommodate a parking space for the residents.
- This proposed site layout will consist of 152 one bed and 117 two bed apartments.
Accessibility and Locality
Pipewellgate, Gateshead NE8 2AW
Central Station: 12 mins
Coach Station: 7 mins
A167(M)/A1 Motorway: 8 mins